Thursday, December 15, 2005

Books for Creative Thinking

Anyone in any line of work ought to read some books on creative thinking. These have helped me immensely not just in coming up with cartoon ideas, but in every other area of my life as well.

A Whack on the Side of the Head by Roger von Oech is an excellent book to start with. It separates the creative process into stages. This book has a sequel called A Kick in the Seat of the Pants.






After I read Aha! by Jordan Ayan I started looking for ideas in a lot more places I had not thought of before. I also started keeping paper with me at all times so I can write down any idea that comes to me. I had done that in the past, but my scraps of paper and sketchbooks were so disorganized that they would become buried in a drawer somewhere. See my post about The Search for the Perfect Sketchbook... these little sketchbooks are great!

If anyone has read other creativity books that you'd recommend, I would love to hear from you!

No comments: