Sunday, October 29, 2006

the daily doodle

Tonight we went to a church potluck dinner. Your typical buffet of mystery casseroles. A feast of macaroni noodles, chopped up potatoes, something mushy, something that looks like chicken is in there, or maybe tuna (?).

But I can't complain. All I brought was apple cider.

After the meal, I had a perfect opportunity for doodling. A great view from the back of the room, and so much interesting doodle subject matter.

A small audience of little children quickly formed behind me, so I changed my doodling from real people to cartoony animals and stuff. I learned long ago that an audience can lead to the sketchbook being passed around, which leads to someone seeing their likeness, not realizing that they do have that many wrinkles, etc... that person not thinking that's very funny... (One reason I can't imagine that drawing caricatures for a living would be very fun.)





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't think i would like people or kids looking over my shoulder as i drew. i don't like it when i'm doing anything in fact. there is nothing worse than being on the computer, and having someone right there at your shoulder, with a mouth full of food, wallering it around and smacking in your ear.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

I looove the elephant and mouse one best, and the little doggie with the footprints. You are really very good, Jenn. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you have a wonderful week.
Take care, Meow

Whistle Britches said...

Well,
I lik 'em all.
I'm yur Figgest Ban.

Jenn said...

those are great. I remember a caricature drawing of my step mom at Disneyland. She was annoyed that the artist had captured her double chin. My 4 yr old sister told her she was lucky she had "two smiles". Needless to say, that did not go down well. :o)

Saur♥Kraut said...

You are such an amazingly talented person. My first boyfriend (I wrote about him three posts ago) is a commercial artist and we remain good friends. He was working on a project the other day, the client sent him the graphics that another artist had used... and Jeff found that it was one of his own drawings! ;o) Yours are good enough to pirate, too.

Happy Halloween! Today I posted a true ghost story that happened to me over 13 years ago.

Suzy-Q said...

So, after a noodley dish you stretched your noodle and doodled??!! :o)