Friday, October 13, 2006

the october snowstorm of 2006

I was going to post a picture of the snow in our yard from the extremely unexpected snowstorm we had last night, but our power is out and may be out until Monday, or even longer!

We left our house tonight,with its failed sump pump and flooded basement, and are at my parents' house now, where there is no snow and plenty of electricity.

This was not in my plans for this weekend, but I am glad we were more fortunate than some people, who ended up with a giant tree branch crushing their house or car.

5 comments:

Leslee said...

Oh my! I'm glad you are ok. Good luck with the home repairs!

Anonymous said...

I've been following this in the news! I'm so sorry your in the middle of it. Glad to hear you are at your parents.

Suzy-Q said...

Brrrrr!!! Glad you had somewhere to stay (and for free!) during the thaw. Hope it isn't too messy when you get back too.

Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

i'm so not looking forward to the snow and cold in MA - hope things get better soon for you and your furbaby.

Fred said...

Sorry your basement is flooded, Jenn. Hang in there - let us know when you get back and how you're doing.