Friday, April 27, 2007

more misc.

We watched this movie, Freedom Writers, last night. It was good. I recommend it. The cover they chose for the DVD does not do it any justice. I don't know why they put the guy's big face on the front, because he really played a minor role.





............................................

Wasn't it so thoughtful of Hanes to package my new socks in a resealable bag? How many times do you put your socks back in the bag, and they just won't stay fresh?


............................................

One of my pet peeves is the phrase "pet peeves." The first person I knew who was always talking about pet peeves was the worst school teacher I ever had. That, and she would say, "I have a bone to pick with you." Oh, and "We need to have a heart to heart talk." I refuse to say any of those phrases.

............................................

We got the new couch! I am happy with it. But now I feel the need for a new coffee table. We have this funny little IKEA table. Actually, I wanted to get the couch from IKEA, because we wanted one more modern than this. But the modern ones are extremely uncomfortable! This was the simplest & most comfortable choice we could find.



............................................


We keep watching a show on the Discovery channel called Stunt Junkies. And I can't get over how this guy who's the host resembles a cartoon character I created in high school in the 80's. Not just his little earring, and the hair that swoops over to the right side, but also that he is quite short, and the way he wears his shorts and sneakers looks a lot like my cartoon character "Ben."




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should send your cartoon to that guy!

As for the couch, it looks awesome! love it. Have fun picking out coffee tables, I had a horrible time finding some that I wanted and now it's been 2 months and they still are not here.

I was thinking about your sock package, And my guess would be they made it like that because of all the people who open packages to inspect the socks and then the package is ruined, and or has to be taped back up. What do you think?

I put a long comment over at hotties for your hair thing.

Dawn said...

Wait a minute...I thought that was Andy Graham...
:^)
well...minus the ear-bob.

Anonymous said...

PS, I liked that movie too, OF COURSE it made me cry. Have you seen Reign on me?

Seeker said...

Nice couch!! That would look so good in my living room.
I like your postette about pet peeves, and the subject would make an interesting longer post. I'm sure you have a few more pet peeves you could rant about, when you're in a ranting mood.
Your Ben IS that guy. wow.

Suzy-Q said...

Ben escaped doodle world during a thunder storm and is enjoying life on Discovery.

I the couch! I bet it smells good.

Jenn said...

ba doozie, he might think I have the hots for him. You make a very good point about the socks. I have not seen that other movie. Maybe we will see it in the theater, at least I will for sure rent it.

dawn, I do have a notebook full of Andy Graham & John Gasper cartoon archives.

seeker, I DO have more things I could rant about! More to come.

AJ, it smells leathery.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Love the couch ... looks ultra comfy !!
You are right, your doodle does look like that guy !!
GOod luck with the gym membership, your shoes look awesome.
Take care, MEow